Mercy Crew is hiring coaches! Founded in 2005, Mercy Crew is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote the sport of rowing to young women in grades 8-12 who attend Our Lady of Mercy High School. We run a scholastic rowing program which includes: fall and spring training on and off the water with participation in several regattas, and winter training with a focus on strength and conditioning. We also offer learn to row programs throughout the summer.
We are seeking head coaches and assistant coaches (varsity and novice levels) who are motivated and safety conscious to instruct our high school athletes and prepare them for regional competitions.
These are long-term, part-time (non-exempt) positions, which start Summer/Fall 2021. Candidates must be available for all practices and regattas. Fall, spring and winter practices take place Monday through Friday, typically from 3:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Regattas are all-day events held on weekends. Candidates must also be available to attend monthly board meetings.
To apply, email your resume to Scott Steron at email@example.com.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Responsibilities include but may vary:
• Work directly with high school athletes to provide instruction on proper rowing and erging techniques and safety protocols.
• Assist with rower/coxswain evaluations, and develop and prepare them for success at competitions.
• Assist and collaborate with team coaches/staff in running the day-to-day operations on and off the water, and at regattas.
• Must be able to drive a launch when practice is held on water.
• Perform rudimentary boat care and maintenance as needed.
• Must be an effective communicator who can motivate athletes to work hard and have fun.
• Must have knowledge of rowing policies as laid out by USRowing.
• Uphold high standards of sportsmanship and safety at all times.
• Competitive, collegiate rowing experience is required.
• Experience coaching competitive scholastic rowing is preferred.
• A thorough understanding of rowing and erging techniques, and safety protocols is required.
• CPR/First Aid certification is a plus.
• USRowing certification is a plus.
• Must be passionate about rowing and committed to student-athlete development.
• Excellent communications skills and strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively communicate with student athletes and members of the Mercy Crew board.
Multiple COVID protocols are in effect as provided by the school and various governing bodies.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy:
Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women has a clear vision to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Helping us achieve this vision is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, all applicants for employment are to be treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or citizen status, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran’s status, or any other status protected by law. This policy pertains to every aspect of an individual’s relationship with the school, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, or termination.