We’re looking forward to a fantastic Fall Season!
Fall Crew Practice Begins – August 26, 3:30-5:45 pm
The fall season begins with practices on the water
beginning Monday, Aug. 26 at the
Genesee Waterways Center
Monday – Friday, 3:30-5:45pm.
Carpool will commence on the first day of school Wed. Sept. 5.
Parents will be responsible for transportation to and from practice for all practices held prior to that.
You must have completed the online Registration as well as have an approved Mercy School Nurse’s Clearance in order to practice. New Novices must also have a completed Swim Test Form.
There will be No Practice on the following days:
Fri. Aug. 30, Mon. Sep. 3, Fri. Oct. 4, and Mon. Oct. 14
If you are unable to make practice you need to use the ‘No Practice Link’. Remember 3 unexcused absences (i.e. practices you miss without using the ‘No Practice Link’) you are suspended from the team. Coaches and the Carpool Coordinator need accurate counts for ease of boating, and for proper number of cars for carpooling. Please take this into consideration when you are unable to make practice.
The Mercy Athletics Fall Parent/ Athlete Assembly will be held Thurs. August 29 at 7:00 pm in the Mercy Auditorium. This assembly is mandatory for all Fall athletes and at least one parent/ guardian. Mercy Athletic Director, Anthony Yandek, and staff will conduct the main presentation, after which team meetings will break out and meet individually.
There you will be introduced to the Mercy Crew coaching staff, board members, and various committees and coordinators, learn more about the program, the fall season, practices, regatta schedule, uniforms and fanwear, hospitality, carpool, communications, etc. Come with any questions that you may have!
Please bring the following to turn in at this meeting:
- Completed Mercy Athletics Handbook Athlete/ Parent Consent Form 🖨
- To be completed after reviewing the Mercy Athletics Handbook
- Completed Mercy Parent Transportation Approval Form 🖨
- Copy of CASE Training Certificate – required for ALL volunteers
- Fall Season Registration Payment (if not previously mailed to MC Treasurer)
NY STATES CONGRATULATIONS!
We are so very proud of all of the hard work and great racing by our girls and all of our boats at NY States last weekend under some really tough competition! Congratulations to all!
NY STATE CHAMPIONS!
Congratulations to the Freshman 4+
who earned First Place Gold Medals and the State Trophy!
M Fasano, N Gollogly, D Minich,
S Thomas & Coxswain E Steron with Head Coach Adrien Reidy
- Congratulations to the Junior 8 boats who both made it into the A Final. The A Boat placed 6th Overall/ 4th Scholastic and the B Boat place 9th Overall/ 6th Scholastic out of 18 boats in this event.
- Congratulations to the Novice 8 boat who also made it into their A Final and finished 7th Overall out of 19 boats.
- Congratulations to the Senior Varsity 4 boats who raced hard and faced fierce competition in a field of 53 boats. The A Boat qualified for the C Final but had the awful misfortune of having their steering cable break during their final race. Despite that they still posted a 7th place finish in their heat.
- Facebook – Like the page and follow us. Post pictures and comments that reflect Mercy values and the spirit of this amazing group of girls, coaches, and parents.
- Instagram – search for Mercycrew and then follow the account to get updates from Coach Adrien (you’ll see our rowing crest and know it’s the right one)
- Twitter –
- Shutterfly – Pictures from our regattas, practices, and other team events can be posted on this Shutterly site. Contact Webmaster@mercycrew.org if you need assistance.