Winter Training Session 2 – MANDATORY FOR SPRING ROWERS
Monday, Jan. 27th, 2020 – Thursday, Mar. 26th, 2020 (8 weeks)
- We will be breaking the stroke down, increasing ankle, hip range of motion, strengthening core for better posture and connection during the rowing stroke, teaching proper lifting techniques including Olympic lifts, full workout plan with progressions to improve erg scores.
- Will be reinforcing & practicing technique training once/wk at the Pittsford Indoor Rowing Tanks.
- NEW! Will have two (2) YMCA Athletic Trainers working with the girls, along with the coaches, each Monday and Tuesday.
- NEW! Will be incorporating yoga sessions to help our girls develop both physically and mentally. The sessions will focus on flexibility, body strength, coordination, breath work and mental focus. There will be 4 sessions, one every other week, with a trained Yoga for Athletes Instructor from Butterfly Yoga.
- Tentatively plan to participate in an indoor ergatta, either in Buffalo or locally, where the girls will complete a 2K in an exciting race environment. Final dates to be announced when posted.
- Working on creating a coxswains program to be held 1 day a week for coxswains.
- Winter Training is MANDATORY for Spring Rowers, unless participating in another Winter Sport.
- Session 2 will not begin until after school Mid-Term Exam week.
- No Training Sessions will be held over February Break.
- NEW ROWERS to the team MUST ATTEND WINTER TRAINING and are welcome to attend a free trial week during the first week of the session Jan. 27-31.
Cost for 8 week session:
- Rower (M, T, W, TH Training) – $315
- Coxswain Option 1 (W Training & PIRC Training, plus YMCA Training) – $268
- Coxswain Option 2 (W Training Only & PIRC Training) – $150
Mercy Sports Boosters Concessions/Admissions Volunteers Needed
Friday. Feb. 7 – 6:00 pm & 7:30 pm
OLM vs Dansville
Mercy Sports Boosters requests that each Mercy Athletic Team volunteers to work the Admissions and Concessions tables for at least 1 home volleyball or basketball event this year. Admissions and Concessions are one of the primary ways the Boosters raises revenues to support their programs. Volunteering for a game typically requires at least 5 people (any combination of student-athletes or parents) to cover the admission table and the concession table for both the Varsity and JV games that day or evening.
Mercy Crew has been assigned to volunteer on:
Friday, Feb. 7
OLM vs Dansville
- JV Basketball Game – 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- (2) Admissions Volunteers – 5:30-7:00pm
- (3) Concessions Volunteers – 5:45-7:30pm
- Varsity Basketball Game – 7:30 – 9:00 pm
- (2) Admissions Volunteers – 7:00-8:30pm
- (3) Concessions Volunteers – 7:15-9:00pm
Congratulations to our Novice Girls 8+ on their Second Place finish!
And to all of our boats for a great performance. Crews all got off the water feeling that they had done their best. We are very proud of all of the rowers and coxswains! Thank you to everyone for supporting one another, getting the boats on and off the trailer efficiently, and for being such great teammates!
NY STATES CONGRATULATIONS!
We are so very proud of all of the hard work and great racing by our girls and all of our boats at NY States last weekend under some really tough competition! Congratulations to all!
NY STATE CHAMPIONS!
Congratulations to the Freshman 4+
who earned First Place Gold Medals and the State Trophy!
M Fasano, N Gollogly, D Minich,
S Thomas & Coxswain E Steron with Head Coach Adrien Reidy
- Congratulations to the Junior 8 boats who both made it into the A Final. The A Boat placed 6th Overall/ 4th Scholastic and the B Boat place 9th Overall/ 6th Scholastic out of 18 boats in this event.
- Congratulations to the Novice 8 boat who also made it into their A Final and finished 7th Overall out of 19 boats.
- Congratulations to the Senior Varsity 4 boats who raced hard and faced fierce competition in a field of 53 boats. The A Boat qualified for the C Final but had the awful misfortune of having their steering cable break during their final race. Despite that they still posted a 7th place finish in their heat.
- Facebook – Like the page and follow us. Post pictures and comments that reflect Mercy values and the spirit of this amazing group of girls, coaches, and parents.
- Instagram – search for Mercycrew and then follow the account to get updates from Coach Adrien (you’ll see our rowing crest and know it’s the right one)
- Twitter –
- Shutterfly – Pictures from our regattas, practices, and other team events can be posted on this Shutterly site. Contact Webmaster@mercycrew.org if you need assistance.