Mercy Crew Hospitality Coordinator: Valerie Riggs
Cooking/ Hosting Families
- Depending on the regatta timing and duration, we plan to provide either a breakfast or lunch or both for the day of the regatta for all of the rowers and families in attendance.
- We request up to 4 families per meal to coordinate and prepare each of the planned meals.
- Cooking/Hosting families are responsible for planning, set up, cooking and clean up for the meals that day.
- Families can sign up via the SignUp Genius link. You will get a confirmation email with the date, regatta and families cooking/hosting with you so you can coordinate the details.
- If you want to cook/host but don’t want to actually plan the meal – simply notify the other families and they will assign you something to bring/prepare. Please feel free to email any of the hospitality members and we can also help with getting you information on what the menu is so you can shop/prepare etc.
- All food items must be of a healthier choice.
- Based on the most recent Mercy Crew Parent Survey responses, please do not plan chili for the meal.
- Food purchased for cooking/hosting are fully reimbursable. Send your receipts to:
Mercy Crew Treasurer
PO Box 10582
Rochester, NY 14610
Donated Food/Drink Items
- These are an assortment of healthy food/ drink items that the rowers count on for grab and go options before and after rowing.
- Parents sign up to bring these food/ drink items to have at each regatta.
- A list of requested items will be sent out for you to sign up to bring via SignUp Genius.
- You must bring the item you sign up for to the regatta. If you will not be able to attend the regatta please send your items with another rower or parent.
- All donated food items must be of a healthier choice.
- A SignUp Genius will also be sent out for each regatta to request how many of your family members including your rower will be attending the regatta to get a count for eating. It is very important to get this number ahead of time to shop/ plan the meals for the families that have volunteered to host/ cook.
- Please let the Hospitality Coordinators know if anyone in your family that will be eating has any type of food allergy.
Additional Note for Spring
- Spring 2019 Scrimmage between Mercy and Baldwinsville – they will host/cook for our team in Baldwinsville, NY.
- Spring 2020 Scrimmage between Mercy and Baldwinsville – we will host/cook for them at GWC Boathouse.
Hope this helps to clarify hospitality.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for making Mercy Crew a great experience for all our girls!
Mercy Crew Hospitality Coordinator