- Congratulations to all our rowers and coaches for the best representation Mercy has ever had at the Head of the Schuylkill!
- Our varsity 4+ boats finished 15, 19 and 23 of 46 boats.
- The Varsity 8+ boats finished in top half in their heats.
- The freshman/novice 8+ finished in 7th place, and was slowed by another boat’s obstruction in their lane!
- Finally, the freshman 4 boat (Madeline Kammholz, Olivia Antonelli, Emma Gottko and Fiona Connolly) took a Bronze medal for 3rd place in their event. This is the first medal Mercy has ever earned at the Head of the Schuylkill, a 4000-meter event. Nicely done…
Special thanks to the Schaertl family for towing the boats, the Rightmyers for towing the Hospitality trailer, and the host families: Rightmyers, Scherer, Mangiocalda, Bessette, Daino, and the Patterson’s.
Thank you to Tracey Schaertl for all the great pictures from this years Regattas!
From the Coaches:
This weekend is our final regatta in Pittsford “Pull the Plug” – Here’s what’s going on for the rest of the week:
- Friday Nov 4th Derig and load trailer
- Saturday Nov 5th Off except for Volunteer parents to remove dock at GWC
- Sunday Nov 6th ARRIVAL: 8am to rig all boats. (For Novice and new families to Pull the Plug, boats, trailers and Hospitality is along Canal behind the Delmonte Hotel and Spa)
- Monday Nov 7th LAST DAY OF CREW Unload trailer, rig boats, and general cleaning
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH FROM 9AM-12PM – Remove the Docks at GWC
As part of our rental agreement with GWC we are responsible for removing the docks at the end of the season. Please email Tom Kosanke at email@example.com if you can help.
Maintenance – we need a parent to assist the team with maintenance. Primary responsibility is winterizing our launch motors. Rick Seymour has done for the past few years but will be graduating in June (actually, Allison is graduating!). Rick would like someone to work with him before winter to learn how we winterize the motors and few other minor tasks to help the team. Please contact Rick directly or let Tom know if you are able to help.
END OF SEASON PARTY
Don’t forget… Crew party is Friday November 11th 6-9PM at Dolomite Lodge $10/family to cover lodge rental and a dish to pass. Sign up sheet will come soon !
CREW BOARD MEETING THURSDAY NOVEMBER 3RD 7pm in Mercy Board Room ALL ARE WELCOME!