Ithaca Icebreaker Regatta
Sunday, April 28, 2019
692 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
The Ithaca Inlet Ice Breaker Regatta is our first actual regatta of the season held in Ithaca NY. It is hosted by Cascadilla Boat Club several teams., including Cascadilla (CBC), Baldwinsville, Liverpool, Syracrew, and Pittsford It will be an early morning, so be sure plan accordingly for the 1.5-2 hr drive. Trailer Loading will be on Friday with Racing on Sunday and most likely we will plan to return to GWC to unload that day unless we get home very late. Cornell University Collyer Boathouse is also at the race site and a Rowing in College talk will be offered during the break in racing midday.
The Cornell University Women’s Crew are racing Dartmouth on Sunday morning before the Ice Breaker, with their last race at 9:.45am. Due to this, the Ice Breaker will start a little later than usual as it has in past years.
REQUIRED: All Varsity and Novice Rowers & Coxswains
- For those attending Mercy Junior Prom on Friday, you will be Trailer Loading (1) 8+ boat at/ after Thursday’s practice
- Normal practice for all others
- Trailer Loading of remaining boats at Friday’s practice
- 8:30 am – Coxswains Arrival
- 8:45 am – Rowers Arrival
- Plan for approximately 1 hr 30 min.- 2 hrs travel time
- Please Check In with the Coaches upon Arrival
- 9:00 am – Coaches & Coxswains Meeting
- 10:30 am – Racing to tentatively Start
- 10:40 am – Race 2 – Novice 8+
- 11:00 am – Race 4 – Varsity A 8+
- 11:20 am – Race 6 – Varsity B 8+
- 11:40 am – Race 8 – Varsity C 8+
- 12:30 pm – Lunch Break
Finals run every 15 minutes in the same order as the morning races.
- 1:45 pm – Novice 8+ FINAL
- 2:15 pm – Varsity A 8+ FINAL
- 2:45 pm – Varsity B 8+. FINAL
- 3:15 pm – Varsity C 8+. FINAL
- Time trials will be held in the morning and finals will be held after the lunch break in the afternoon.
- The schedule could possibly get pushed back a bit due to the Cornell Women’s rowing event early on Sunday.
- Rowers will not be allowed to double up in more than one event due to the size of the regatta.
- There are no specified lightweight categories in this regatta.
- Anticipate trailer unloading on Sunday evening when we return to Rochester.
- Everyone is expected to stay for the entirety of the event and to return to unload.
- The Mercy Crew uni is to be worn during the competition.
- Be sure to bring crew jacket, navy or black leggings and white mock neck tech shirt to wear under the uni’s if temperatures are cold.
- We will be providing breakfast items & lunch for Hospitality at our Hospitality tent. We need to provide a count of how many will be eating by the end of the week for our cooks.All food items must be of a healthier choice. Please let the hospitality group know if anyone in your family that will be eating has any type of food allergy. Cooking/Hosting families are responsible for planning, set up, cooking and clean up for the meals that day. Varsity families that sign up to cook/host will guide novice families on how the hosting details. Any questions you can contact Annie Rightmyer or Tina Trudeau. If you want to cook/host but don’t want to plan the meal simply notify the other families, they will assign you something to bring/prepare. Please go to the Hospitality page on the Mercy Crew website for further details and information: https://www.mercycrew.org/hospitality/Please sign up for the following for the Ithaca IceBreaker Regatta by clicking on the SignUp Genius link below::
- food donation items
- your family meal count
The Deadline to Sign Up is Wed. 4-24-19
Please contact Hospitality Chairs, Annie Rightmyer or Tina Trudeau with any questions at email@example.comMISC
- Parents are encouraged to wear their fan wear and to bring your cow bells and noise makes to cheer the rowers on. Binoculars might be helpful too.
- Bring chairs or blankets to lay out to sit to eat lunch.
- Packets for the Sticky Lips BBQ Fundraiser on May 16 will be distributed.
- Spectators may park across the railroad tracks in Palisade Corporations parking lot. Please pay close attention to closed-off areas and regatta staff’s directions.
- Parking is also available in the Farmer’s Market.
NEARBY FOOD FAVORITES
- Ithaca Bakery – walking distance to the regatta site. Great for coffee, breakfast baked goods, sandwiches
- Purity Ice Cream – fun for a post regatta treat
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Take NYS THRUWAY NYS Thruway (Route 90) East to Exit 41 – NY 414 Waterloo/ Clyde.Keep right at the fork and take NY-414S. Turn left onto NY-318E. Turn left onto US-20E. Turn right onto NY 89S. Follow for 41 miles along the west side of the lake. Turn left onto W Buffalo Street. Turn left onto N Meadow Street. Turn left onto Cascadilla Street.
Click on the map below for directions: