Dear Rowers, Coxswains and Families,
I hope this email finds everyone well as summer is now officially underway. As restrictions are gradually being lifted in our region of NY state and with careful guidance from USRowing, we are moving forward with conducting our Summer Sculling Camp only with some new protocols. These summer sessions will not be ‘Learn to Scull’ programs but rather a Sculling Camp for any of our ‘experienced’ scullers only. The cost of each 2 week session will be $175. We will be using the tubby singles rented from GWC. Given the pandemic, USRowing is advising against teaching Learn to Row and Learn to Scull programs at this time. Team boats are also not allowed at this time in our area.
For: Current Mercy Crew Rowers entering Grades 9-12 with some previous sculling program experience:
Session 1 (2 wks): July 6 -July 17 – 8:00am-10:00am
Registration Deadline: Wed. July 1
Session 2 (2 wks): August 24 – September 4 – 8:00am-10:00am
Registration Deadline: Wed. August 19
- All families and participants must sign a waiver of liability to participate.
- Mandatory participant and family Zoom Meeting on Thursday, July 2nd at 7pm to go over protocols. (A meeting will be scheduled in August for those participants.)
- We will not be doing any indoor activities, if the weather or current makes it unsafe to row, practice will be cancelled.
- You are required to wear a mask when on land, in the boathouse and on the dock. You can take the mask off to row. You will need to bring the mask in a ziploc bag into the boat with you.
- You will need to follow all protocols on properly cleaning the equipment.
- Rowers will be putting in and taking out 2 coaches’ launches each practice. This has to be done in pretty close contact. We will be wearing masks during this.
- Rowers will likely need a hand launching and landing their shells. With masks on, someone will help them, but social distancing cannot be maintained in this case.
- On land rowers and coaches are required to be 6’ apart, with the exception of putting in/taking out the launches.