Mercy Crew Parents & Rowers (Fall & Spring),
With the Spring season now behind us, it’s time to look forward to summer. And with that comes no shortage of rowing opportunities, from competitive to skills development, from sweeps rowing to sculling, and both youth and adult – there is truely something for everyone that wants to continue to be out on the water in Rochester this summer! Listed below are a variety of opportunities, their information and registration links. Please be sure to read through them all and pass along the information to anyone you know that might be interested.
Please also continue to spread the word about our Mercy Crew Learn to Rowsessions for both Grades 8-12 and 6-7 as this is one of our best recruiting opportunities to continue to keep our team growing. The information is listed below and we also have the sessions set up as events on our Mercy Crew Facebook page that you can share out to your friend networks.
INFO NOTED BELOW:
- National Learn to Row Day at GWC
- Adult Learn to Row at GWC
- Youth Learn to Row (for new rowers with no experience)
- Mercy Crew Learn to Row
- Youth Skills Development – Rowing (for rowers with some experience)
- Fairport Crew Summer Rowing Camp with Ithaca College Coach Becky Robinson
- Pittsford Crew Summer Intramural Rowing
- Youth Skills Development – Sculling (for rowers with some experience)
- Mercy Crew Learn to Scull
- Fairport Crew Learn to Scull with Nazareth College Coach Emily Farrar
- Summer Competitive Rowing Opportunities
- Flower City Junior Sculling Team
- Pittsford Crew Summer Competitive Rowing Team
- USRowing Northeast U19 Olympic Development Program
NATIONAL LEARN TO ROW DAY
Saturday, June 1
Join us for the 2019 National Learn To Row Day! Maybe you’ve seen us on the river and you are wondering what this is all about… Well June 1st will be your big chance to get off the couch and get on the river!
We will teach you the ins and outs of rowing tecnique on the Concept 2 indoor rower, and once your ready we will get you into a racing shell and you will officially be a rower!!!
- Session 1: 10am – 11am
- Session 2: 11:30am – 12:30pm
Things to Bring:
- Active Clothes
- A ready-to-learn attitude
- We’ll take care of the rest!
Adult Learn to Row
Maybe you’ve seen us on the water and you want to learn what it takes to join in the fun. Our 6 week program will give you the foundation you need to start enjoying all the benefits of rowing.
Rowing is a form based and skills heavy sport. That means the first few practices will ask a lot of you as you dive into a brand new way to use over 80% of your muscles. The good news is that we are a team and we build our skills together. Under the trained eye of our highly effective coaches you will learn and grow quickly into a quality rower!
In 6 weeks we will teach you basic sweep form and technique. We have to limit our class size so that everyone gets the kind of attention they need to come through this program with a strong understanding of the sport.
That means we need folks to COMMIT to the WHOLE 6-week process. Missing one or two people each practice means we cant fill a boat.
LTR Session 1 – June 3 – July 10
LTR Session 2 – July 27 – August 28
Mondays & Wednesdays – 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Genesee Waterways Center – 149 Elmwood Ave Rochester, NY
No membership is necessary.
Cost – $250 per session
For questions please contact email@example.com
- Cost: $195
- She goes over racing, fitness, nutrition, focuses on ways to imporove their stroke and is great with the kids.
- This is for ALL AREA ROWERS (not just Fairport rowers) and is a great alternative to out of town camps.
✍️ Click to Register: SUMMER YOUTH ROWING DEVELOPMENT CAMP REGISTRATION LINK