A very BIG THANK YOU to all the parents and rowers that attended the Parent Athletic Night last Tuesday.
Also, we have co-chairs for HOSPITALITY! THANK YOU TO Tina Scherer, Annie Rightmyer, and Julie Seymour for stepping up and running Hospitality. They will be contacting parents soon for Regatta Food Donation Sign Up.
PARKING AT GWC
Reminder: Parking is no longer allowed in parking lot just above GWC parking loop. U of R will ticket unauthorized cars. Acceptable parking is the area on both sides of the driveway as you drive towards GWC loop.
- PLEASE PARENTS DO NOT BLOCK open spots near boathouse when picking up rowers. They need to stay clear for NAIDES rowers to park. They finish rowing as it is getting dark and its good if their cars could be parked near the boathouse.
One of the ways Mercy Crew is funded is through the generosity of our sponsors. If any parents work for an organization or know of anyone who is willing to sponsor Mercy Crew it’s a great way to advertise (name on banner at all Regattas) and support our rowers. There is sponsorship information on this website or contact Mercy Crew Board member Gerry Rightmyer .
FROM THE COACHES
All rowers (Varsity and Novice) who did NOT row in Spring NEED TO SIGN UP with US Rowing to participate in Regattas. There is a $5.75 fee paid by credit card. This needs to be done ASAP in order for Coach Mark to enter rowers in Regattas. Go to Sign Up tab at the top of this page, Registration, US Rowing waivers.
Coach Nina Barbero has had to step down from Coaching due to her heavy course load at school. We want to thank Nina for her help and wish her the best while continuing her studies.
SAT prep opportunity! Coach Emily Farrar’s sister Leah Farrar, is an experienced tutor who has worked with students in topics ranging from college admissions assistance and standardized test prep. She has a very impressive Bio/Qualifications and Rates are attached. If interested, please contact Coach Emily email@example.com . If there is enough interest, a class could be put together for Crew.
LOCK BOX for Rowers with Surface Pros in Backpacks. Coach Mark has arranged for a lock box to store backpacks during Crew practice.
- Hotel Reservations – for Scotia NY reservations need to be in by 9/14 (see D. Bianchi’s email)
- Registration – Please send in to Diana Ryan if you have not done so already.
- Uniforms/Fan wear: Pink hat orders need to be in by tomorrow September 6th.
- There will be more fan wear coming soon, Beth Patterson is working on blue Mercy Crew parent hats AND special order unique to Crew Rugby shirts that will be ordered in time for Christmas. Design is being chosen by Rowers more information to follow soon.
- Garage Sale: Tentative Date Saturday March 4, 2017 SAVE THE DATE!
- Fundraising: Sticky Lips fundraiser is back! Date TBD in October.